Thursday, July 30, 2009

Republicans Have Government Insurance, Why Can’t Everyone?

Original Link: http://www.bluebloggin.com/2009/07/22/republicans-have-government-insurance-why-cant-everyone/

For weeks I have been listening to all the BS Republicans have spewed about health care reform. Republicans shouted it was socialized medicine and when that didn’t work they came up with other untruths. The fact of the matter is all members of Congress use the public option plan. Republicans are willing to deny all Americans health care that they get the minute they are sworn in. Priceless!

As a Federal employee, let me give you a very clear picture of the public option Obama is talking about. All Federal Employees, Congress included, get their insurance from The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program.

The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program can help you and your family meet your health care needs. Federal employees, retirees and their survivors enjoy the widest selection of health plans in the country. You can choose from among Consumer-Driven and High Deductible plans that offer catastrophic risk protection with higher deductibles, health savings/reimbursable accounts and lower premiums, or Fee-for-Service (FFS) plans, and their Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO), or Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) if you live (or sometimes if you work) within the area serviced by the plan.
Once a year I am allowed to change my health insurance without being denied coverage even if I have a pre-existing condition. My choices are from a variety of provided, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Aetna and United HealthCare just to name a few. Now here is something that will definitely upset you, I pay $80.00 per month for full PPO coverage. I admit I’m single but it’s far less than single friends of mine in the private sector paying a minimum of $25o.oo per month. One of my co workers pays under $200.00 per month for herself, her husband and their four children. And Congress, well they pay what I pay and what my co worker pays, but Republicans want you to continue to be screwed.

Here’s another Republican line of BS, “the government will tell your doctor what to do and control your care.” Reality is, when I go to the doctor, I don’t have to deal with the government interfering with my health care or the decisions my doctor and I make. There are no government agents in my doctors office. By the way, I have the same doctors I had when I was in the private sector. The only thing that changed was my premium by about $240.00 less per month.

Republicans insist on using the term National Health Insurance, again to mislead. In reality National health insurance does not equate to government run or government financed health care, but is usually established by national legislation.

This is what Republicans are calling government run system. This is the very same plan Republicans have and want to keep away from all Americans. Republicans are banking on the stupidity and laziness of Americans. After all, part of the housing crisis was people not understanding or reading what they were getting involved in. Health care is much the same, complicated rules that no one bothers to read and payments not many can afford to make.

The Republican’s were againt Medicare, which operates as a single payer system, and it’s government run. Today more than 44 million Americans depend on that program. Where would they be today had Republicans killed Medicare in the 1960’s? Ask yourself, where would I be without insureance and the Republicans block health care reform. Don’t forget, Republicans will keep their governemnt health care and well…… you’ll keep the vaseline.

No comments: